To learn more about Kick-off!, you'll find the user's manual in the Kick-off! folder which is created by the Kick-off! installer. (Acrobat Reader 4.0, available free from www.adobe.com, is required to view the manual.) A complete Apple Help system is also available, which you can access by the "Help Center" command in the "Help" menu.
Kick-off! works on any desktop Mac with a USB port, running Mac OS 8.6 or 9.x. Use with a PowerBook requires a set of adapter power cables (available separately). Kick-off! is not compatible with the iBook
To install the Kick-off! software, double-click on the "Install Kick-off!" icon. Click "Install" to install the software. After installation, you should restart your computer.
IMPORTANT: If you encounter errors during the installation process, you may need to disable any antivirus software, then try the installation again.
The standard installation will install Kick-off! and monoLog into your system folder, and will place documentation and additional information into a folder at any location you choose.
There are also several optional packages that you can install by selecting "Custom Install" from the pop-up menu at the top left of the Installer window.
- Rearranged System Crashes panel to be more intuitive. The "Time allowed for system to restart" slider is now only enabled if the "Number of restart attempts" is greater than 1.
- When the Application Crashes panel of the was open, the Kick-off! software would update the hardware's system crash timer too frequently. This caused no harmful effect, but the hardware's status light would not blink while the panel was open - fixed.
- Under some situations, multiple restart messages were sent to monoLog in succession - fixed..
- All references to 'iLog' changed to 'monoLog', to reflect that software's name change.
- When running in demo mode (i.e. with no hardware connected), some features of the Kick-off! software worked inconsistently - fixed.